Damage to private property

Damage to private property

Good morning AirBNB community. I am quite new to AIRBNB. I had my second guest booking stay this long weekend. My guest was lovely and very polite but his girlfriend entered my private office (doors closed)  without permission,  while I was out of the house. She tried to use my printer, helped herself to the unopened box of cartridges and now my printer is not working.

I raised the matter with the guest in a calm professional manner, he apologized on his girlfriend's behalf. They were leaving that morning and I didn't want to create an unpleasant experience. I am still trying to get my printer to work. It's an integral part of running my business from home. Can I be compensated for the repair of my printer, or is this part and part of the parcel of having strangers stay in our home?

I would appreciate advice. I haven't left a review yet (nor have I received one from him). I don't really want to review anything on this matter as the booking guest was lovely. I'm not sure how to move forward on that matter either.. Thank you kindly, I look forward to your feedback. Warm regards from the Gold Coast, Australia

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Her behaviour is outrageous. Raise a claim for the cost of replacing the printer and cost of the cartridges .

Leave an honest review .

get a lock for your office .

Thank you for your feedback @Helen3 . I agree on getting a lock. Pocket doors are tricky but I must investigate this.