Damages That Air Bnb Will Not Cover

Nancie5
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

Damages That Air Bnb Will Not Cover

Good Morning Community,

I have been fighting with Air Bnb to honor their Host Guarantee for over a week after guests left my pristine rental damaged due to cooking habits.  My windows were left open in 20 degree weather with the heat on 80 (!), they permanently stained my porcelain sink with something and my stove and pans were burnt beyond remedy.  My freshly painted rental was chipped off in five places, there was grease on my new couch and the carpet, which had been cleaned the week before was very badly stained.  I contacted Air BnB immediately, spent nearly a day providing pictures of evidence and answering their questions & they refuse, absolutely, to honor anything, not even a meager reimbursement from the Security Deposit.  I even have a written message by the guest promising reimbursement for the increased utility bills, but she will not respond to my request for payment.  

Any ideas on how to move this forward?  I am considering getting out of this platform altogether if Air BnB does not have a super host's back.

Thanks for your help!

Nancie

1 Reply 1
Stephen1004
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Did you ever get any help?

Stephen