Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Dark mode for app and desktop

Alasdair26
Level 1
Witham, United Kingdom

Dark mode for app and desktop

Hi ive seen a  few conversations around sorting Dark mode for the Air BnB app  and just want to highlight that not only is it a good thing for all us hosts and we have raised this continuously for a number of years I've had more than few guests comment negatively on the bright white screen when they are using it too... so please please. can some one try and address this and get a date for implementation Please

5 Replies 5
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Alasdair26, and Happy New Year! 

Dark mode is a great idea and if you haven't done so already, please send the feedback here and urge guests to leave feedback too. Whilst they can't reply to individual queries, if enough people have the same feedback/idea, it may be something they start to work on - if they're not already! 

In the meantime, I found that turning the brightness down really helps me. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Rebecca!

I was trying to send the feedback as suggested but it does not provide any reason that would fit the dark mode feature.

Which one should I choose from the available ones? Experiences, hosting & traveling

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Arturo14 👋

I suppose I would choose the one that I generally use more - so perhaps Hosting? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Rebecca!

So even for guests to us the Hosting option??

Zach626
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I concur. I find it very frustrating & disappointing that every major site doesn't have a dark mode option.