Deciphering between a business account & personal account as a host

Jenifer97
Level 2
Bowling Green, KY

Deciphering between a business account & personal account as a host

I live in an area where we have lots of company's coming in for work and someone will book a place for someone else or a group of people. Per AirBnB you can not book for another guest unless you are staying in the property as well... UNLESS it is a business account and you can have a travel admin. 

How as a host are we able to tell if the booking is a business account or personal account? 

2 Replies 2

Hey @Jenifer97! - I was surprised when I read your post because that goes against Airbnb's commitment to transparency.

I went and found it in the help center I think you're quoting: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427

...to help maintain transparency and trust throughout our community, you can’t book on their behalf unless you're staying together. 

But goes on to say:

If your company is enrolled in Airbnb for Work, you can designate people to book trips on behalf of others.

I haven't encountered this myself and the site linked (https://www.airbnb.com/work) doesn't make distinctions clear, but I would imagine it operates like the 'Uber for Business'. Basically, they can book it on behalf of someone but you're still going to see actual traveler's profile(s). Sort how when guests book with multiple travelers.

If you're getting booking from account with false names, logos for photos, and no verification - I would report that to Airbnb!

This is how one of my recent bookings looks with co-travelers. 3 of the guests have Airbnb profiles and the other's do not are are just listed as a count.

Screen Shot 2024-07-17 at 21.49.38.png

Thank you, yes I have experienced this before and quite a bit. I am finding out through further findings they do not have a way for host to see if it is a personal or business account on our own. We have to call get speak to an AirBnB Representative to confirm that it is a business account if we wish... I really think this is a big flaw on AirBnB end especially if they have different policies in place for different types of accounts!