Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Decline in Bookings

Oluwapelumi0
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

Decline in Bookings

Hello everyone, I have been a host on Airbnb in the Pittsburgh region for the past couple of years and these past few months have been my worst months so far because I am not getting as many bookings as I used to in the past. Is this a common thread? And also those anyone have tips in making my home more appealing?

**[Title updated by Community Manager for clarity] 

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Oluwapelumi0 or should I say Harmonee Home?

The only way you can make your listings more appealing is by taking on board what your guests say in their reviews regarding cleanliness and the need for better communication.

Your ratings are very low for some of your listings so to be frank, I am not surprised that you are finding that your bookings have slowed down.  Competition has never been so high with more and more hosts joining Airbnb but the market share has stayed the same at best so yes guests have a fabulous choice of places to stay and a host rating under 4* is not going to be their first choice.  It's tough for a lot of us right now so it's really important that we make sure our service is excellent and our listings above reproach.