Different decision taken by different Airbnb ambassadors

Different decision taken by different Airbnb ambassadors

Hello everyone!

I don't know if experienced hosts could give me pieces of advice, but I had a problem with a claim that was first granted by an ambassador and then refused by another one.

To sum up, I won a claim for damages to my property, and as you probably know, the guest wrote a bad review and gave me a one star afterwards. As well, I claimed fees for late check-out.

Because I was able to prove that the review was a revenge (I provided them with documentation) and proved the late check-out, the first ambassador to whom I spoke with granted my request, saying that indeed, they signed my house rules and they have to pay. She also confirmed by email that she would delete the review.

Later that day, she wrote to me saying that because she cannot technically delete the review, she handed my case to another ambassdor. Because it wasn't done the next day, I called again.

The second amabassador I got, had a look at my case, and decided to deny my request that was already accepted and confirmed in my inbox the first time.

Is this something that happened to you? Do you think I should call back again? I've been transferred 10 times in all, but I could give it a try.

I am very disappointed with Airbnb service. To me, when you say yes......you say yes. In fact, they look stupid!

Sincerely,

Catherine

4 Replies 4
Angie29
Level 10
Morro Bay, CA

I would try again and hopefully get a different sympathetic ear.  You will have to repeat your story and show your documents a few more times, but then again you're talking to someone who never knows when to stop trying, ...until I get justice.  

What I found out is that you have to file damages within 48 hours, is it?  Per my experience 99.5% of my guests have never given a review within 48 hours after they checked out so, without a doubt, when you send in a claim they see it and they use their review as revenge even if they were planning to give you 5 stars.  I never send in a claim (and believer me I had plenty over the years) because of their retaliation. Our perfect Bosch dishwasher broke due to them clogging the garbage disposal and sink water pipes with potatoes' peels that backed up to the dishwasher hose.  We just sucked it up and bought another dishwasher on top of the weekend fees of the plumber.

But keep on fighting, you already received 1 star anyway, and let us know.  

Makes me very angry thinking about it.             

Hello!

I finally got the message deleted! I haven't thought about preventing late check-out with a night's worth of booking. I thought that signing my house rules that clearly indicates the fees was enough, but it is more complicated. Only one customer support ambassador confirmed that I was in my rights. That person told me that my claim was transferred to another department, but nothing since then.

I guess I have to send the guests a request for extra fees at the moment of booking? Does it work for you, or people mostly declined it saying that they will leave on time?

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

Angie29
Level 10
Morro Bay, CA

Also I meant to ask you:  Late check out means another night's fees.  Did you get another night's worth of booking from them to at least cover part of your loss?  

Stephen1004
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Wow, a yes turned into a no?  Just when you thought it couldn't get worse.  It is hard to respect Airbnb Customer Service when there are so many of these stories of unfair decisions and formula responses. To come out with a vague promise, consistently broken, of removing retaliatory reviews only adds insult to injury.

I have had many Guests who have also been Airbnb Hosts...and they all are imbued with extraordinary common sense forged by their  hospitality experiences.  Customers Service personnel should be required to have Hosting experience.

Stephen