Discount for no Couch

Shari298
Level 1
Lincoln, NE

Discount for no Couch

We had guests arrive to find one of our mini splits had leaked water over our living room couch.  This is a very small condo. The couch is one of the only comfortable pieces of furniture in our very small living room.  

The guest notified me right away. Within six hours, I had the damaged couch removed and the water cleaned up and has ordered a new couch from a local company to avoid waiting five or six weeks for Crate and Barrel.  The fastest delivery I could get was for 10 days. The guest is staying for 30 days. To compensate I did throw in free parking for the guest. I also encourage them to bring our comfortable outdoor furniture inside so they would have a place to sit. The guests were in town visiting their family so I assumed they would not be spending a lot of time at our condo. My question is, should  I still discount the monthly rental of the condo? It is already priced very reasonably. What would others do in this situation? 

2 Replies 2

@Shari298 

Yikes! You're handling this beautifully. We have mini splits here.They should not leak water - it is a closed system. The installation company should have a look to see if the tube that handles the water has come apart. (Or something!)

Thank you for your reply. I know and agree about the mini split. We have had nothing but issues with every mini split in our condo.  We have a couple mini splits in our primary residence in Nebraska and have had no issues.   We have reached out to the installer and manufacturer.   I do not feel like I need to offer an additional discount on top of the free gated parking.  Our condo is just off of St.  Charles Ave in New Orleans.  Parking is at a premium.  I have had great reviews and do not want a bad one.  It’s hard to know if the guest is expecting a discount for not having a couch.