Dishes or no dishes

Answered!

Dishes or no dishes

Our rental has a refrigerator and sink, microwave, countertops and cabinets, but no stove, so no cooking. I plan on providing coffee cups and glasses, but should I stock the cabinets with dishes if there is no cooking? Thanks for your help!

Top Answer
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Carrie410  Yes.  If you're providing a microwave then guests can microwave all kinds of food, so you should provide a few microwave safe bowls and plates.

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Steve2848
Level 2
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Take-aways (Carry-outs) are a thing. Some cutlery, dinner plates, side plates would be nice. And some condiments - salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard...soy, ketchup, brown sauce etc. Chips taste much better that way...

Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Carrie410 In addition to @Steve2848 's recommendations, I would love to have real bowls for cereal, soup and oatmeal. I can do amazing things in a microwave.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

We have a similar situation (without microwave) in our kitchenette. We provide dishes, bowls and cutlery, so our guests can eat their snacks, salads, cold meals, instant soups, or enjoy their delivered food.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Carrie410  Yes.  If you're providing a microwave then guests can microwave all kinds of food, so you should provide a few microwave safe bowls and plates.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Carrie410   Do your guests eat?  If they do, then dishes and cutlery will be appreciated.