Disrespectful guest

Answered!
Md-Faruk0
Level 2
Narayanpur, India

Disrespectful guest

I have been hosting on Airbnb for the past 5 months and all the guests that have come have been very nice, but the recent guest's attitude did not sit well with me. They arrived with 8 or 9 bags and even though I helped them carry their luggage, their attitude was not pleasant. I don't want to belittle anyone's work, but they are working as an air hostes but their attitude seems like they are superior. I did not say anything to them, but I wanted to tell them that the property they are staying in is worth at least 1.5 crore, so who are they showing attitude to. Now you tell me, what should I do?

1 Best Answer
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Md-Faruk0 

So sorry this has happened, it is upsetting! This is the hospitality business, and we get all kinds of people. Imagine being a hotel! What to do? Just wait till this guest leaves, and anticipate the next ones being more pleasant. It is all we can do in this situation. Best wishes to you!

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Md-Faruk0 

So sorry this has happened, it is upsetting! This is the hospitality business, and we get all kinds of people. Imagine being a hotel! What to do? Just wait till this guest leaves, and anticipate the next ones being more pleasant. It is all we can do in this situation. Best wishes to you!

U r Wright. 

Thnxxx

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Md-Faruk0 

As in any industry you will find good and bad customers. 

The best way I find to minimise the risk of having bad customers is to be very clear in your listing about what sort of guests your accommodation is suitable for and to vet your guests to ensure they are a good fit for your listings.

Unfortunately some are arrogant, some are entitled or rude - the vast majority of mine have been amazing. 

I have no clue what being worth 1.5 crore is but quite honestly apart from making you feel better I can't see why you would bother .  What do you hope to achieve? I don't look down on people because I may have a better job or more valuable property then they may have. 

Just take a deep breath and move on. If the worse experience you have on Airbnb is that you have guests with an entitled attitude - then think yourself extremely lucky. 

Thnxxxx

Md-Faruk0
Level 2
Narayanpur, India

Hmmm

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I love guests that arrive with an attitude, they will meet with a matching one from us. One guest arrived and stated as an opening salvo - "We are tough reviewers".

My answer? "So are we". End of attitude. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Md-Faruk0 My daughter in law is an air hostess and would never travel with 8 or 9 bags , just saying ..If all the hosties had that many the planes would be overloaded... H

Thank you!