Do you offer your guests a driving service?

Answered!

Do you offer your guests a driving service?

If a guest doesn't want to take an uber or lyft is there a service you can suggest to them? Can I add a driving service as an amenity?

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Elisa2938 

Yes, Elisa I do offer a driving service to my guests, depending on the situation. I will only offer it in my local area.  I would not however mention it as 'an amenity'! By doing so it could be interpreted as a paid part of the Airbnb reservation contract! It is something I privately arrange with the guest so it's nothing to do with Airbnb.

Many of my guests have come to my area to attend a wedding at one of the many local wineries. It's only a few minutes out of my time to drive them to the venue, I don't charge for it, I do it because I want to make their stay as nice and streamlined as possible. I don't have to worry about an after event pick-up because the bridal party invariably arrange a bus shuttle service to deliver guests back to their local accommodation at the conclusion of the reception.

It's a win/win and guests love me for it.......

Uli's review.png 

I don't charge for it so there are no insurance issues attached to it! It's a bit like sharing a bottle of wine with friends.....apart from the fact that I am buying a good review!!! 

Cheers......Rob

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Elisa2938 Insurance and liability spring to mind. I suggest we leave taxi services to the experts.

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

You could suggest walking. Or a bus.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

Just my personal experience. My grown son still lives in  Hawaii was visiting me in Arizona during a time where our weather was normal for Arizona.  Hawaii temperatures are not above 100.  My son is an exec with an UBER Account.  Not a necessity just to be nice I arranged a pick up ride.  Not  really cheaper because I did hire a licensed insured small business with good reviews.  My son got off the 6 hour flight for 1 hour transport in 110 degree weather in a vehicle I wasn't told made noise and had no air.  The owner when I complained gave me a discount less than my son's tip on if I booked again.  I suggest don't refer what you have no control of

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can but you'd need to get commercial car insurance and probably couldn't charge enough again to make it worth your while @Elisa2938 

Why wouldn't your guests want to use Uber etc ? 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Elisa2938 

Yes, Elisa I do offer a driving service to my guests, depending on the situation. I will only offer it in my local area.  I would not however mention it as 'an amenity'! By doing so it could be interpreted as a paid part of the Airbnb reservation contract! It is something I privately arrange with the guest so it's nothing to do with Airbnb.

Many of my guests have come to my area to attend a wedding at one of the many local wineries. It's only a few minutes out of my time to drive them to the venue, I don't charge for it, I do it because I want to make their stay as nice and streamlined as possible. I don't have to worry about an after event pick-up because the bridal party invariably arrange a bus shuttle service to deliver guests back to their local accommodation at the conclusion of the reception.

It's a win/win and guests love me for it.......

Uli's review.png 

I don't charge for it so there are no insurance issues attached to it! It's a bit like sharing a bottle of wine with friends.....apart from the fact that I am buying a good review!!! 

Cheers......Rob

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Elisa2938 

As has already been mentioned, insurance may be an issue. Like Robin, if I'm available, I have offered guests a ride for free. It's nothing extra for me really, but it goes a long way in making a guest feel special.

One couple I hosted tried to pay me for the ride, but I refused. When they left, I discovered they had left me a $20 bill with a thank you note. And of course, a 5 star review!

If you are trying to make extra cash, and have the time to offer a taxi service, I don't see why you couldn't explore it after talking to an insurance agent. It would be a nice amenity to offer especially if you have a lot of guests that fly into the area and don't have a car.