Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146
John1550
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Yes i do , after many Airbnb Guests Sugestions .  But Keep it Simple .  John

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

We too have a "lending library" with various items for guests to utilize during their stay.  There are brochures, local community (neighborhood) newspapers, magazines about the Twin Cities and state of MN, and books.  Someone even left a book to add to the collection.

Additionally, there are activities for kids and adults including Clue, Trivial Pursuit, Trouble, Chutes & Ladders, Connect 4, Apples to Apples, Uno cards (English & Spanish), deck of cards,  puzzles (pieces vary from 30 to 500), and coloring books w/crayons.  

The Dollar Tree stores are an inexpensive source for some of these items, so replacement isn't costly when necessary.

I have put the loose pieces for the games in baggies and labeled them for ease in accounting for items.  Still occasionally find puzzle pieces when cleaning, but guests evidently appreciate the availability as they have commented in the guest book.

Nick707
Level 2
Carmel, IN

I don't provide board games but I recentely bought a poker set and it has been met with positive responses from guests. 

I leave cards, board games and local magazines.

Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I don't, but it might be appropriate to add monopoly since I'm located in Atlantic City. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cheryl389 touché!

-----

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Yes. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rebecca181 - succint.

What games do you provide, and how do the guests make of them?

Thanks

-----

Jasmine204
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Providing games is a benefit to yourself and your guests.  For me, London can have 4 seasons in one hour and the summers are a gamble so being able to provide entertainment in my tiny flat is key but games are great when English is a second language and you are all cooped up inside trying to communicate.  - Side note: musical instruments also act as an ice breaker with some guests.  

I have been collecting up theme games; GOT Risk, London Monopoly.  I have kept an eye out for games that I have relied on while travelling like Dobble, Pictionary and Uno.  I have a larger outdoor connect 4 for sunny afternoons on the terrace. 

I found when I'm in a country that I dont understand the language, familiar games or games that require minimal reading or interpretation are the best entertainment and ice breaker. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jasmine204  - it's remarkable what you mention about games that don't rely on language. We were discussing between the other language Community Managers what the commonalities between the board games offerred on each of the CC's and it's always those without language based rule sets, like boggle, chess and draughts! 

Thanks

-----

Rita648
Level 1
Pencil Bluff, AR

I have several games in the guesthouse. A definite plus for families especially when the weather isn't cooperating with outdoor plans. 

Sabrina-And-John0
Level 4
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

It is an excellent idea to supply board games and nowadays there are so many for different interests, ages and abilities. We supply lots of boards games and offer more if guests want them.  I run a local Board Games Club and have been trying to list this as an experience on Airbnb.  The biggest hurdle I am encountering is getting my selfie photo, that is being requested to list this ecperience, to match the ID photo that Airbnb has for me.  I am going round in circles!!!

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

So far it’s mostly Waterworks, the playing cards and chess that get used the most.  Since the picture was taken I have added mancala.

37B66456-B0A0-4F3E-A178-8ACA08D9FC16.jpeg

Amanda88
Level 4
Galway, IE

I have about 8 different board games in the cuboard for guests to use.  I do worry slightly about pieces getting lost/stolen, but not much I can do about that.

The games are my own from many years ago, and the room my guests use is also my own front room when I don't have guests.

Eva785
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Yes, along with some indoor activities, just in case in rains.  When I have camped out in an RV park, they had so many board games, our granddaughters loved it (so did I). 

The pirate version of Monolopy if fun!!