Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146
Karen1450
Level 2
Camarillo, CA

I provide a deck of cards, but I may add a few more small games. I like the idea. 

Neil-and-Ellen0
Level 3
Coarsegold, CA

We have a Franklin Mint Scrabble Set in their room for aficionados. We have seen some intense games in the Morning Room!

Absolutely! Our mountain condo has Monopoly, Scrabble, chess, Parcheesi, Chinese Checkers, Trivial Pursuit, Bunko, backgammon, several decks of cards and poker chips, puzzles and books. We also include Hoyle's Book of Games and another book of card games "for dummies." Not board games, but for outside in the back yard we have horseshoes and croquet, and a soccer ball and a football. Oh, and a couple decks of Author Cards (American and Women) and a deck of Artist Cards. If our guests are bored, it's not our fault! Oops, I forgot--we also have a tabletop foosball game and electronic basketball game.

Cassondra1
Level 1
Massey, Canada

I have an Xbox 360 in the trailer along with games and DVDs also have them hooked up to Netflix. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like my kind listing but I'm more a PlayStation person 😉 @Cassondra1 

That's a really cool idea to have video games to keep those quiet times occupied!

-----

Lindsey-J-0
Level 2
High Point, NC

Yes I do. But I don't expect all the pieces to stay put like in my "personal" games. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

I used to provide board games, but got rid of them due to pieces continually getting lost. Now just provide lots of books for all ages, poker table, pool table, Playstation, Netflix, Sky Movies/Sports/Box Sets etc. 

All board games enthusiasts would be in absolute heaven in this house though - the entire place is a gigantic homage to games of all genres... 

https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedbringme/videos/1928220573879428/?sfnsn=mo

Tulin1
Level 2
Nicosia, Cyprus

Hello, I dont provide board games but this is a really good idea.. I will put some deck of cards in my homes as soon as possible. Thanks for the idea..

Harvin0
Level 3
Thorold, Canada

I'm a new host, & had this idea of putting board games & deck of cards but its impossible to keep the cards from going missing or pieces. just after 4 bookings I took out the games and cards instead put in puzzle books, reading books for all ages. If anyone have figured out a way how to make sure pieces don't go missing or card decks stay full. I would love to hear their ideas.  plus i was spending extra time after check outs making sure if the game boxes has all the pieces or not. how do you maintain them ?

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

There is a monopoly card game that a couple of my guests have enjoyed playing

Debra152
Level 2
Scotts Head, Australia

Yes I do but guests have taken the deck of cards which gets annoying.

Adrienne119
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

What a great idea! We are a board game/ card family so shouldn’t have trouble locating a few ( dozen) 😳

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Adrienne119  Mine's a Monopoly family. We have at least 10 different versions, including Star Wars, Nintendo, and even The Simpsons!

Thanks

-----

We do have a couple of versions of Monopoly but it’s my least favourite game! Most of my games are a combination of luck and skill so many are word games Scrabble,  Upwords, Arrogance, Articulate, Outburst, Taboo, Scattergories, and Boggle are a few of my faves. 

Lisa-Maree1
Level 2
Moruya, Australia

Yes, a number of games, books, cards & coloring books for both adults & children.