Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146
Sarah2453
Level 2
Cliffony, IE

Yes I leave board games and books for my guests to read

Mary665
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have boules in the garden, along with Cornwall Monopoly, Scrabble, UNO, a pack of playing cards, and a sudoku cube in the Studio.

Guests often leave their scores on the pad provided!

Michelle1739
Level 1
Tongham, United Kingdom

Yes, our cottage isn’t large but we have a storage box with games in.

We’ve had a few families stay and commented on liking the option for board games. 

Ann472
Level 2
Seneca, SC

Hi all!

I host guests over in Keowee Key located in Salem, South Carolina.

I supply board games and cards along with picture puzzles for those rainy days in all my units.

My guests also either utilize the amenity or not,

but they do have a selection to choose from.

Laurie346
Level 2
Holiday, FL

Yes, I provide a multiple supply of board games and cards , I even stage the house with toys according to children's ages before arrival , if no children are coming I remove the toys . People LOVE it!!

Tee6
Level 2
Maryland, United States

Yes and many comments in our guest book report people appreciate having the games and almost always use them. Some people aren’t great about returning games to the way they found them so choose wisely and for the age group you host.

Kym6
Level 4
Auckland, New Zealand

No, I don't. Not board games. I did have a couple of cards (deck) on the coffee table but they got lifted so maybe I should place board games for guests to enjoy. Its a matter of knowing which ones would suit Adults as I am not into them myself.

Ruth255
Level 3
Hudson, FL

I do offer cards and there are many game tables in the club house our guests can use. I also offer a pickle ball set, which they can use on the tennis courts, with the pickle ball lines. The idea to offer board games is great and I'll add some for sure.

I also offer some toys to play with in the sand or at the pool for the little guests, a crib and a high chair. All this is there for the families who need it, otherwise it's  in the storage.

Thanks for the great tips.

Ruth

Nicole1374
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes we do mostly family friendly 

Angela498
Level 2
Annapolis Royal, Canada

My AirBNB is an entire house. I do not live there. I provide lots of board games, cards and puzzles. I  even have a book shelf with a mix of books guests can swap for one they are through with. I also have outdoor lawn games. In the living room I leave lots of books on local culture and guide books on various subjects, for example Beach Finds. Many guests leave comments in my house guestbook talking about the good times they had with family and friends playing. This year I created a kids room with lots of toys and games. I’m getting more families booking and the bonus is that any mess the kids make tend to stay in the playroom. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds wonderful @Angela498 ! It would be great to hear the story of the playrooms creation 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Roslyn18
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Yes I have provided board games, puzzles, books and soft toys since commencing on Airbnb.  They don’t get used often but some guests love them .  

Zachary84
Level 2
Ingram, TX

We do have cards and some other games in our cottages.  Yahtzee is a hit.  Someone told us it made them reminisce about the good old days.  It helps them to unplug and relax.

Yes I supply board games for my self catering guests, there's also a deck of cards & puzzles. Lots of books to read also. Yes my guests seem to appreciate it all.

Robert563
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I have a golf putting green outside.