Driving directions

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Driving directions

This year, I’ve had more guests than ever prove unable to find one of my three houses.  All are on the same private dirt road, and neither Google Maps nor Apple Maps positions them precisely on the map.

I ask all guests to use the written directions after a certain point, but those who do are in the minority.  I was puzzled by this until I booked an Airbnb recently and saw that I was able to “get directions” under “Trips.”  Here is what I saw:

9867CC46-B988-4B39-BF0A-32D9E60B3775.png

Guests are NOT offered the host’s written directions.  Yet I’ve encountered many hosts with homes in rural locations that are not perfectly accessed by GPS.  

Please add “host’s directions” to the above drop-down.  One guest actually argued with me because he insisted on using Airbnb’s directions, not mine - and then gave me, not Airbnb, a 4 for communication.  My communication was faultless.  His and Airbnb’s were not.

1 Best Answer
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Hi @Ann72 thanks so much for bringing this up!  I agree we should include both address-derived and host-derived directions to guests, and will pass this along.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ann72 we recently started using the whatthreewords app. It is very good at identifying where a guest should park as well as where our front door is.

I'll look into it @Mike-And-Jane0 thank you.  Meanwhile, @Scott, I hope you'll pass along the above note to your team!

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Hi @Ann72 thanks so much for bringing this up!  I agree we should include both address-derived and host-derived directions to guests, and will pass this along.

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Hi @Ann72 I did a bit more digging, and it turns out your directions ARE shown to the guest on the trip page -- it's just further down the page in the Getting there section. For example, here:

Screenshot_20211130-121205.png

Do you see it in your app as well when you scroll down?

@Scott thank you!  I had forgotten that, even though I used it when we went to the Airbnb in Texas.  And it was helpful. 

BUT - I don't think everyone scrolls down once they see "get directions."  If they did, they would not so frequently get lost on my road.  (And let's not talk about the fact that they get lost on a road with only three houses on it lol.)

So - I still think it would be useful to have "host's driving directions" as a drop-down option under "get directions."