Drop in reviews

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Drop in reviews

Is anyone else experiencing the significant drop in review writing? I started hosting years ago, and all of my guests were leaving reviews as soon as they left. There was no need to remind them, ever. But things have obviously changed. This summer, less than 50 % of my guests left a review. That seems strange, are they fed up of writing or do I need to change something? I know Airbnb is prompting them, but it seems noone is reading those emails once they leave the place...

3 Replies 3
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You have 338 reviews thus far in 11 years, 3 recent ones for just the last month (September).  4.98 star rating. Perfect.

Less than 50% leave us a review (243 thus far) after 9 years and also we have a 4.98 rating. At this point in the game we are thrilled not all do, our view is that now they may say something silly, just to  be different. Oftentimes less is better.

Yes, I had 3 reviews in September, from 9 guests 😕   

and 4 in August from 13 guests 😕  

I don't know, maybe it's better to leave it like it is, as the overall grade is very good, but it just seemed strange to me that all at once the reviews became so rare and I was wondering has the process of reviewing become too long and boring for the guests to write, or is it just that people are already fed up of it. Or they are not so happy with my place so they do not bother to leave a word or two.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Or maybe they find it difficult to come up with something new to say, since it has already been covered. 😎