Dutch passport verification - problem due to covering BSN?

Dutch passport verification - problem due to covering BSN?

As a guest trying to book, I have until now not succeeded in uploading an "Airbnb-acceptable" photo of my Dutch passport. For what it's worth, reason could also be that the selfie (that is requested along with it at every new attempt) doesn't match the photo on the passport, as the error messages are suspiciously standard. In any case, my passport is 9 yrs old, so I certainly look a bit older, but that's what it is.

Or it could be a problem with how I covered the BSN.

Or it could be that the photo on Dutch passports is black-and-white, whereas the webcam selfie is in colour. 

Not very helpful either are the triumphant msgs spiced in here and there announcing "You're all set!" (or something to that effect).

Since as I have experienced and have read here customer service is virtually of no help - they just copy and paste the ID guidelines that I already read and attended to - I start this thread to hear from others how they succesfully uploaded their Dutch passport.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@E-S-50 I wonder if you could try another government issued ID such as a driving licence? Otherwise I have no ideas I am afraid.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @E-S-50 ,

Since it has been a while, were you able to resolve this?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines