Encouraging longer bookings

Lee5775
Level 2
Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA

Encouraging longer bookings

We had a booking for an entire month last October, and we have had many other week-long stays since beginning in June 2023. But Beginning in September, I am only getting weekends booked. Is anyone else seeing this trend? Is there a strategy to attract more long-term bookings?

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Lee5775 

Beautiful property.

Long term stays are not can you tempt but is that a market interest in your area.  People looking foe a 3 bedroom house even for 28 days aren't usually a family but a group of employees either trying to save lodging or transportation costs or both.  I have had no issues with mine but my setup though I like attractive durability and functionality are also priorities. 

I have never tried this but a possible thought is marketing your listing to realtors that might have family clients waiting to close.  The realtors could advise you what market price to charge maybe for a minimum 28 day rental. 

Lee5775
Level 2

Thank you Marie. I would have not thought of marketing to realtors. But that makes sense with families. moving into or out of the area. 

@Lee5775 

Luv your place!

Midweek is always tough in slow season:

- Suggest you run custom promotions Sun-Thur or Mon-Thur

- Looks like you are offering 10% monthly discount? Most offer at least 20% (esp slow season)

- Add something to Title or 1st sentence of description that you offer discounts for monthy stays

- Turn on Pro Tools & Use Rule sets to Apply discounts midweek for 2night stays or 2 night stays

Use caution with Custom Promotions as they will stack on top of other discounts you have on your calendar (early bird, last minute, monthly, etc.) 

Always double check if your promotions and Rule Sets are working property by trying to book as a guest to ensure the pricing is correct.

Lee5775
Level 2

I use Pricelabs for dynamic pricing, but what I will do is change my monthly discount to 20% and see what happens. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Lee5775!  I was just wondering if you've seen the suggestions shared by Marie and Joan? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen