Enter guest names on reservation

Andre16921
Level 1
Gatineau, Canada

Enter guest names on reservation

Hello,

Just got my reservation for 4 guests.  I see my name on it however, I am not able to add the names of the 3 other guests in ''Manage guests'' window.

Any advice?

5 Replies 5
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Andre16921 

I'm not sure what the technical problem is, but if nobody here gives you a good solution, you can just message your host to let them know. They can decide whether it's a big issue. In the past we only used to see the booker's name anyway, but of course one wants to be more thorough now that the updated feature is available.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Andre16921  Do the other guests have AirBnB accounts?  They may not be able to be added unless they have accounts.  

Hi @Andre16921 ,

If you're unable to add the names of the other guests in the "Manage guests" window, here are a few troubleshooting steps you might try:

1. Refresh the Page: Sometimes a simple refresh can resolve loading issues that might be preventing you from adding guest names.

2. Check Browser Issues: Try using a different browser or clearing your current browser's cache and cookies. Browser issues can sometimes affect how web pages load and function.

3. Use the Airbnb App: If you're using a web browser, try switching to the Airbnb mobile app, or vice versa. The app might not have the same issue.

4. Check Airbnb Updates: Ensure your app or browser version is updated. Sometimes, functionalities can be affected by outdated versions.

5. Contact Airbnb Support: If none of these steps work, it might be a glitch or a restriction in Airbnb’s system. Contact Airbnb support for assistance. They can provide direct help or escalate the issue if there’s a system-wide problem.

These steps often resolve similar issues.

Hopefully, one of them will work for you.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

@Andre16921 , @Alicia753 has some good advice as these are all things that Airbnb customer support had me do when there were issues with their platform. Most of the time the issues are due to using the app and not the Airbnb website. They say full functionality is through the website. I honestly manage 95% of my listing through the app. And they should have the same functionality for apps and the website even if it is different systems but I digress…

Did any of her suggestions help out? If not you can always call the support to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Once guests can be added, they will not show up on the booking until they have an Airbnb account and are verified via an email or phone number. I’ve had guests say they did the invite but it only showed up as a guest on the booking. They had to open the email invite and complete the verification process to show up on the reservation on the hosts end.

I would recommend all hosts to have all guests listed on the bookings as I have read some posts here in the forum where aircover did not cover damages because not all guests were listed on the reservation. It did not matter if the booker took responsibility for following house rules and paying for the reservation. Just a good thing to do and know for hosts.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Andre16921 , have you had a chance to consider the advice shared by Hosts @Lorina14 @Alicia753 @Lorna170 and @Shelley159 ? 

As @Lorna170 mentioned, it would be worth cross checking if all guests have Airbnb accounts 👀 

Keep us posted on how you're following through the advice shared by our helpful Hosts. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines