Entering the unit during a guest's stay

Answered!

Entering the unit during a guest's stay

I'm curious if, as a general rule hosts enter their Airbnb rental units during a guest's stay (understanding that the guest is aware it's happening).  

For instance, to check for towels or bedding to launder or to replenish consumables, along the lines of maid service in a hotel but without tidying up or making beds, etc.

1 Best Answer
Sarah3236
Level 2
Bristol, GB

From a guest perspective, I don't have a problem with host entering a room when out... it's no different to housekeeping when you're staying in a hotel. 

That said, I ended up here on the forum to see what the policy was because I've just got back to my room to find that my host has been into the room and opened my suitcase. The bed hasn't been changed or any other likely reason they might have come in. Not really sure how to deal with this as I suffer with terrible anxiety related to confrontation.

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60
Randy627
Level 1
Chesterfield, VA

I'm currently dealing with a legit crazy host.  all she does is yell and scream at her kids all day.  She then makes up rules on the spot and flips out.  There is no over night parking in the community.  So i went and moved my car, she basically waited for me to come in the front door.  She started screaming and yelling at me about coming in too late and making noise.  All she has is no noise after 10pm, opening the front door isn't noise.  This is a crazy situation, betting the cops show up tomorrow.