Error booking

Error booking

My reservation was randomly canceled a couple of weeks before my trip by airbnb. After contacting support, I was told they do not know why it was canceled... Red flag # 1. I was then told to try to rebook or book another place and I was credited money towards my next booking. COOL! After trying and trying I kept and continue to try to get another reservation, but I am now getting an error message that says something went wrong and I need to update my trip details. I've been apart of Airbnb for years and never had this issue before. Now that it's happened I'm seeing a lot of people have dealt with this before. I don't know what to do!!

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Shalisha0 Shalisha were you given a credit or a refund. You are entitled to a refund . Maybe it has not been credited at all.If I were you I would ask for my refund , use that to make another booking ,hopefully something similar without having to pay extra and after that booking is secure then look for the difference in cost if there is one. Credits stink... H

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Shalisha0 have you tried cleaning cookies and history, trying on another device or deleting and reinstalling the app? This sounds more like a technical issue and unrelated to your original cancellation