Error message for multiple people attempting to book my listing

Answered!
Pilar661
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

Error message for multiple people attempting to book my listing

Hi All, I'm desperate for some help! I have been  unable to get any resolution from airbnb support or its engineering team. Its being escalated finally today to a supervisor. I am still waiting for a call. I have been listing through airbnb since September 2022 with a great experience. Solidly booked and I find using the platform easy. Ever since three weeks ago I am getting messages from potential guests that they cannot book my listing and are getting error codes that state "something went wrong. Unfortunately a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please refresh the page or try again." I have been told by 7 different people, some guests trying to book, and some family members I have recruited to attempt to book, and no one can complete a booking. The potential guest have gone on to successfully book another listing because airbnb could not help. I have lost several bookings and still no once can book my listing. I have opened several cases with several different airbnb help team members, one who escalated to the engineers. No one from the airbnb team can resolve this. They continually tell me it's the guests problem. BUT IT CANT BE... several different people all getting the same issue but able to book elsewhere. It HAS to be a problem with my account. No one can find any problems associated with my account. HAS anyone had any experience with this issue or knowledge about this? Please help me if you do!

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Pilar661 

I did a search and successfully found the listing by using a specific date filter. It's important to note that when searching for listings, each person may see different results based on their preferences, past booking history, availability of dates that match the calendar requirements, and other search criteria.

Additionally, it's worth mentioning that most dates from July to mid-October are currently blocked on your calendar. This means that if someone tries to search using the "Flexible" option, the listing won't appear in the search results. To appear in the "Flexible" category search for a week, weekend, or month, the listing must be available for the corresponding duration within the next 12 months. 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Pilar661  A "server error" can indicate that there is some toggle on your listing that has not been selected.  Programmers make changes to the platform all the time, so a default setting somewhere may be what is preventing your guests from booking.

I would suggest reviewing every single page of your listing from a computer and check every single selection option to see if you can find the problem.  CS is not going to find it for you.  Once you have conducted your review, and assuming that you added or changed some of the settings, give it two hours or so and then, from another computer or from the phone App, see if you can request a booking.

Good luck and best wishes!

Yes, from another computer (and other account).

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Pilar661 

I did a search and successfully found the listing by using a specific date filter. It's important to note that when searching for listings, each person may see different results based on their preferences, past booking history, availability of dates that match the calendar requirements, and other search criteria.

Additionally, it's worth mentioning that most dates from July to mid-October are currently blocked on your calendar. This means that if someone tries to search using the "Flexible" option, the listing won't appear in the search results. To appear in the "Flexible" category search for a week, weekend, or month, the listing must be available for the corresponding duration within the next 12 months. 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi,

I'm currently having this issue, going on 2 weeks. Did you ever get a resolution?