Error redeeming gift card

Annie1782
Level 2
Northampton, United Kingdom

Error redeeming gift card

I tried to redeem a gift card on the 29th December but an I was given an error: "We are having trouble redeeming your gift card. Please contact us for help". 

So I contacted the support team and was told that the gift card is in their system and it should go through within 24 hours. A day and a half goes by and the amount is still not in my account. I talk to support again and am told to wait another 24 hours. It's now 3 and a half days since I tried to redeem and I've again been told to wait 24 hours. I'm getting increasingly frustrated as I cannot reserve my stay until this is resolved and I feel like I am not being helped at all by the support team. Is there any way of escalating my problem? Is there anything else I can do? The gift card is for £2000 so need to get this sorted ASAP. 

14 Replies 14

I'm so sorry to hear this, Annie.

I'm having the same problem with two gift cards!

Did you get this sorted out? 

Thanks, James

Same here, support just ask to wait. Anyone of you get it sorted?

Same issue here i already have been assigned to 3 agents have you guys resolved the issue?

Sharon1891
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Did you get this sorted? I am having the same problem.

Same issue here - any resolution?? Airbnb support is not helping.

Same issue here with loading a gift card. Did yours get solved within 24hrs? 

Melanie1372
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

I’m having the same problem loading a gift card pin today. Did yours get sorted? 

Melanie1372
Level 2

Did you manage to get your gift card loading sorted? If so, how long did it take? I’m having the same issue now and been told to wait 24hrs. 

Lyndon24
Level 1
Lawrenceville, GA

Anyone here got it resolved?

Melanie1372
Level 2

No resolution so far. I’ve been told to not try the PIN until 24hrs from reporting it Support has lapsed. That’s in 3hrs 

Yvonne972
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Annie, 

Just wondering if you got this sorted in the end? 

I have the same problem with the same exact amount as well! 

Thank you in advance,

Yvonne

Melanie1372
Level 2

No resolution so far. AirBnB called me this morning and said that I need to try again after 24hrs and if not contact them again to go through to a different team as I have asked them to treat this as a complaint. 

Melanie1372
Level 2

After numerous messages with support and a call from them, I was able to upload my card PIN this evening. It took 24hrs

Aashna2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I am facing a similar issue. I have been asked to check after 24 hours and it has been already a day and a half but still no help. This is frustrating. My money is locked in the GC and I cannot do anything about it.