Extending a stay

Answered!
Dorinda-F-0
Level 2
Placitas, NM

Extending a stay

Am relatively new to Airbnb and have not had this circumstance before now.  A guest wants to extend 2 additional nights, requested on Airbnb, but when I tried to approve, got a message that the reservation had been completed; and need to create a new one. Not sure why that happened. But need to resolve. Does the guest have to create a new reservation or can I do that?

1 Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.  I did find contact Help and got it resolved. 

Grateful, Dorinda

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes the guest will need to make a new booking as it sounds like they tried to extend after their reservation had been completed.  @Dorinda-F-0 

Thanks for your reply.  I did find contact Help and got it resolved. 

Grateful, Dorinda

@Helen3 I just had this very thing happen on my very first booking. Got it fixed thankfully by having them go in and book another day but in the meantime the only way I could figure out how to do it was to take the cleaning  fee off on Sundays and lower to one night minimum. Was there a way to not have to make those changes?  While I had the cleaning fee and one night, of course a booking came in. Lol!  I had to explain that we were booked and just waiting on the guest to submit their new reservation for one night. Then changed everything back quickly.