False claims in review being sustained by airbnb—time is “an opinion” according to them

False claims in review being sustained by airbnb—time is “an opinion” according to them

Recently we had a guest making false claims in a review. They got angry about falling while traveling and blamed us for it) they literally said that in the review)and lied about our response time in the review. In the review they say that we would respond in a day, but we can prove that each of their messages were responded to by us within about an hour. We brought this to the attention of Airbnb and here’s what they had to say:

You see, the truth is not a simple thing. It doesn't have a single color. It’s more like a rainbow of colors and shades. It depends on who you are, where you come from, what you’ve experienced, and how you view the world. The truth can vary for everyone, and even change over time. It’s like looking at a painting – everyone can have their own interpretation and opinion.

We’re not saying that you or anyone else is lying, but we believe that everyone has a little truth that can only be experienced by them. And by housing all these little truths in one place, we manage to create a better picture of the general definition of truth.

i totally understand your point, however, the guest has the right to express their own subjective opinion which will not always match yours.

And same goes around, you can express your opinion which will not necessarily match the guest subjective opinion. Most importantly you have the right to respond to the public review reflecting the qualities that you want other guests to see.

so I ask:
So time is now an opinion?

Airbnb Support answers:

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that it is not allowed to share Airbnb investigation and private conversations]

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Enchanted3 The review actually says:

Overall the place was clean and easy to find. The only thing that was upsetting was that the walkway was covered with ice. I slipped and fell.. Communication was fairly prompt..it could take a day. It’s in a great location.

and was left with 4 stars. I really would not be concerned about this other than to deal with the walkway ice. If you continue your Airbnb journey you may experience far worse than this but the key is to leave a suitable response to the real kooks out there. In my opinion this review is best ignored.

I agree with you and there’s nothing to do about it. It’s the part about lying regarding the communication that we feel is wrong and the response from Airbnb that we find honestly terrifying. Thank you for the reply! Blessings