First time airbnb - no water at accommodation

First time airbnb - no water at accommodation

Hi, this was our first trip using airbnb and wasn't the best experience. We stayed 6 nights at a house near Tirana. We got into the property okay and everything was more or less as described. But on the second day the water was not working at all so we couldn't shower (we had just been to the beach annoyingly), we couldn't wash up, and we couldn't use the toilet. We told the host (and airbnb) and he got it fixed the following day while we were out. The house is in a drought area apparently, but the house has a water tank which had run dry. The water was fixed, but the filter in the pipe to the toilet got blocked (probably from running the tank dry). We told the host and the next day this was fixed. The Airbnb support were quick to respond to the issue, but the problem was fixed before we considered moving elsewhere. We asked the host for some compensation as we had almost two days without water and another without a toilet flushing. He did not want to know. We are speaking to airbnb, but they are only offering 10% of 1 nights stay compensation. Does this seem right? I would consider this an essential amenity. I realise the problems were fixed relatively quickly, but to be without water is really rubbish especially in a hot country with kids etc. I think the host should have been checking the water tank to make sure the water level was high enough for the stay.

I don't think I am being too demanding to ask for more than that, but can anyone give me some thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Replies 0