Flawed review policy

Answered!

Flawed review policy

The policy to review a host property has many flaws according to me. To start with i have to be super nice to the guests even if they are rude and have a bad behaviour so that they do not write a bad review. Some guests demand extra perks like a free breakfast or extra beddings which i have to provide so that they dont write a bad review. In the end i have to beg the guests by messaging them many many times to write a review which many dont even write.  I feel like i am blackmailed every time. Secondly, the guest can write anything about the property or host and airbnb rules are so that even if i prove he was wrong i am still at loss and review is not removed. Also it should be a rule that if the guest does not review till 14 days, a positive 5 star review will be added automatically for the host. A host works so hard and in the end becomes has to beg for review and be blackmailed. Besides this there are many faults but these are the main ones. 

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rauf13 There is nothing to stop you leaving an honest review of your guests. If they are rude or demanding then say so in your review

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rauf13 There is nothing to stop you leaving an honest review of your guests. If they are rude or demanding then say so in your review

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

It never ceases to amaze me about hosts being held hostage by the possibility of getting a bad review. I will not be. I know as a host that my place is spotless and is exactly as described in my listing. I know I am friendly, personable, and amicable, and go the extra mile if something goes awry. I 100% feel that if I’ve done my part and a guest doesn’t feel I deserve a 5*, that is their prerogative. And I absolutely won’t ask for a review. AirBnB sends out reminders. It’s up to the guests whether they want to leave one or not. 

@Gwen386  It's an unfortunate truth that hosts are afraid of a bad review and will not be forthcoming about a bad  guest. Which is non sensical as the guest can't see your review until the guest posts their review.

This is why everyday we read horror stories about bad actor guests that have all 5 star reviews and the host is bewildered as to how this could happen. I can assure you, the guest didn't just decide to be a bad guest during their  stay with with you and stellar stays prior to yours. 

Hosts need to start stepping up and telling the truth about their guests as no doing so is doing a disservice to their fellow hosts.     

Karen

You can report the guest and ask Airbnb to remove any reviews by you if they've been a bad guest and you happen to give them more than they deserved after doing you dirty. I just dealt with my third guest; all of them were hosts themselves at one time or another, were extremely poor communicators or nothing, did not express concerns during stay, were quick to give opinions, gave unwarranted low reviews, and either stole or left property damaged. I reported this recent annoying and rude boomer Karen because I'm not allowing them to do that to someone else just because they personally feel some kind of way so they discriminate and leave lower ratings. I turned off instant book and will be very careful moving forward.