For long-term guests (one month or more) do hosts clean the room for them or not?

Answered!
Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

For long-term guests (one month or more) do hosts clean the room for them or not?

My listing is at the bottom end of my town listings. Price-wise I am one of the lowest. I have just received a booking for one month which has a good discount on my nightly price.

I wanted to ask other hosts if they think I should clean the room (a room in my shared house) during the guest's stay. I have normally provided cleaning products and equipment, and clean sheets and towels each week. Is this sufficient? I only charge one small ($A10) cleaning fee which only covers the cost of cleaning products and replacement cleaning aids (brooms, etc.).

I would not normally enter a guest's room once they have arrived unless it was for pre-arranged maintenance or if there was a health and safety concern. Can anyone offer me advice?

Thank you for any feedback or suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Carolyn.

(Australian host)

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cj61 for longer stays we always try to agree that we will change the bedding (otherwise it gets damaged) as this allows us to check the place is being looked after. We occasionally offer to  run the hoover around as well for similar reasons.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cj61 for longer stays we always try to agree that we will change the bedding (otherwise it gets damaged) as this allows us to check the place is being looked after. We occasionally offer to  run the hoover around as well for similar reasons.

Thank you for the response. I will let the guest know that I will enter the room once a week to change the bedding and clean surfaces including the floor. As you mentioned, it gives me a chance to assess the guest's care of the room and follow up on needed maintenance. Again, thank you, I appreciate the advice. C.