From Fully Booked to barely...

Pam2263
Level 1
Garland, TX

From Fully Booked to barely...

I am a new Airbnb host of four months (in Dallas, TX). Initially, my property was booked nearly every day, with very few days I had to block. However, bookings have recently come to a complete halt, except for one in early August. Has there been a change in the algorithm? Is there a rationale for this decrease? Considering it's the summer months, I expected more, or at least steady, bookings. Please advise.😬😬

2 Replies 2

Hi @Pam2263 , wonderful job you have done being a guest favourite! Shame some guests don't know the difference between 'Rooms' booking and entire apartment to themselves.

I'm not sure it's anything you have done different, have you checked competitors and their prices? That's what usually happens to me when things drop off....Or maybe hotels/motels are dropping prices?

You could try dropping your price for a week to test if it changes takeup? I don't use smart/dynamic or other external pricing tools, but maybe it's something to think about.

Kind regs MK

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Pam2263 

Try this

Change the titile to say Room with Special Unique Features

That will caused interest Haha.

Special unique features Most room rentals are set up so your n eeds are met in the room and minimal time is necessary for a Guest to use shared spaces.  My rental is unique that my Hosts bedroom is set up so I have Minimal Need of shared spaces.  So, that allows you special access to additional comforts and relaxation at the price of a room rental