Full-length Mirrors?

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Full-length Mirrors?

https://www.langria.com/https://www.langria.com/

I’ve been reading that full-length mirrors are often appreciated by guests.  I’ve been looking around at stand-alone mirrors, wall-mounted mirrors, leaning mirrors, etc.  Do any of you provide full-length mirrors for your guests?  If you provide stand-alone or leaning mirrors, are they durable and safe?  The last thing I want is someone to shatter a mirror and hurt themselves.

-Pat

32 Replies 32
Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I have full length mirrors, wall mounted. They are screwed to the wall and like all pictures etc, also have velcro to stop them moving. The latest one I bought was about £10 in Dunelm (a general home furnishings chain in the UK).

Jackie570
Level 6
Green Bay, WI

I have a fancy full-length one that I got at Target in the large/master bedroom. it has the stand so it can stand up by itself; I have it propped in a corner for more stability. Anywhere there's glass there's a chance of it getting broken, but I've had a child-friendly rental for years with no problems so far.

Besides providing a way for guests to check their outfits before going out, it reflects light around the room and makes the room look bigger and brighter. Mirrors are a great way to visually open up a space, so you can use them as decorating elements and not just obligatory amenities.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

All of the closet doors in my Airbnb unit are mirrored closet doors. I also have a full length mirror at the end of the hallway between the two bedrooms.

IMG_E4117[1].JPG

Michelle2218
Level 2
Yackandandah, AU

I have a full length mirror in each bedroom, bathroom and the lounge area!! I love mirrors and also have people often come to stay as they are here for weddings or other events. Most are screwed or I use double sided tape to secure. The lounge  mirror is huge and leaning and it couldn’t move unless a strong adult deliberately pulled forward and over. I usually ask hosts before I travel if there is a full length mirror and in some cases it would be a deal breaker for me. We recently stayed in Melbourne for an event and the house only had one mirror in the bathroom/toilet. 6 adults getting ready for a function with one mirror that was where people also needed to shower or go to the loo. No full length. Was incredibly annoying and we were all complaining. I forgot to ask host before booking and will be more conscious to do that in future. 

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Exactly what happened to us, and it made getting ready so very difficult.  Like you, I won't be burned again and will always ask if there's a full length mirror and also ask what other mirrors are available and exactly where they are positioned.  A mirror for hair and makeup needs to have good lighting and also be immediately adjacent to a flat surface able to comfortably hold a blow dryer, straightener and my makeup kit and have a power point within 40cm.  If a place doesn't have this, I will not stay there.

Elsa64
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

My life is 70% of travelling and I really appreciate when I  have a mirror in my hotel room, Airbnb or wherever I stay. It's basic for me, for work I must check my look or even when I do holidays I like to see how my shopping looks like on me...

So of course I have a full mirror in my studio flat, and 3 small once. It reflects beautiful light into the rooms .

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Pat271 @Elsa64 @Michelle2218 @Jackie570 @Maia29 and everyone -else, great topic.

Timing couldn't have been better.

I've a large wall mounted mirror in the bathroom Guests can and do use - it's a better option at this stage in my life for Guests to use a mirror in there than in the bedroom - especially for those who tend to keep looking in it for unknown reasons sometimes up to 20minutes in succession - scratching my head 'why?"

Helped a friend chose a new mirror for their home this week, round.

Picture Framers and Charity shops often have fabulous designed mirrors, including sturdy Traditional ones and are a great place to purchase & furnish one's home with.

Pjerina0
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Mirrors  are always appreciatedby guests

Kathryn429
Level 1
Stanwell Tops, AU

I have included a full length mirror in each of our 3 rooms - wall mounted. They were purchased from IKEA and very reasonably priced. Our accommodation is often used by guests to attend weddings as we have 2 wedding venues very close. I feel this is a very important extra as they want to look their best for the event. Never had any issues with breakage, just need a regular clean especially after hosting families with young children.

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Full length mirrors are as essential an amenity as toilet paper.   I have one in each of my bedrooms along with at least 2 other mirrors in each room and also a magnified makeup mirror in each room.  Excluding the makeup mirrors, I have a total of 16 mirrors in my 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom listing, including 2 outside.  

I stayed in an Airbnb last year and was annoyed to discover there was only one mirror in the entire 2 bedroom house.  It was in the bathroom, which made getting ready for the event we were attending extremely inconvenient.  It was a nice place, but that was an absolute deal-breaker for me and I would never recommend it solely for that reason.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Windows in homes or out and about, including reflections of vehicle windows, are always great of one doesn't have a mirror to check one's hair.

Look in the kitchen cupboard and see if there's any saucepans with reflective lids as they to make a great mirror - children love playing in saucepan/ pot cupboards for a reason - they can see their own smiley faces 🙂

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

It sounds like a resounding “Yes” to wall-mounted full-length mirrors, so I’ll soon be installing 3 of them - 2 in the bedroom, 1 near the front door. Thanks to all you lovely people who contributed here!

Maria2527
Level 4
Athens, Greece

My bathroom door is a full length mirror door...Of course nobody can understand where the bathroom is...and everybody is wondering where it is since my Studio is 85 sq m.  with no doors!!!

Monica1599
Level 3
Santo Domingo, DO

Yes! Yes! Yes! Mirrors are super esential.  And they serve many purposes, not only reflect our image.

They brighten the spaces, multiplying light, and make spaces look larger!.  So YES!!! Put mirrors in your lives (and rentals!) 

We are even changing our closet doors to mirror doors.  

Im not fond of stand up mirrors though. A simple second can end up in an accident, specially if there are kids around.

I love mirrors. The only place I dont find them appropiatte, is on ceilings! (specially above beds  LOL)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hahaha @Monica1599 .

My most concerning trips to friends houses are when they don't have a mirror in the bathroom. Surely that's the most essential one?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines