GREEN BnB

Answered!
Lauren4085
Level 1
Whitefish, MT

GREEN BnB

I would LOVE if Airbnb would start a column for clean/green cleaning supplies.  I have been in many air bnb's that use fabreze  plug ins, horrible stinky (to me) cleaning supplies, including laundry supplies.  It smells so bad and is so toxic at many of them, that I can't even sleep on the sheets.  Is there any way to put in a column and incentivize hosts to use non toxic cleaning supplies and to advertise that?  It is so harmful, all those chemicals.  They are pure poison.  There are many people with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) that Cannot travel because of the poisons in cleaning supplies.  PLEASE HELP AIR BNB

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

@Lauren4085 Welcome to the CC! 

This has been a much-debated topic here on the Community, so I thought I'd link a couple posts that talk about this here and here.

I'd also definitely recommend filling out Airbnb's Feedback form if you haven't already >> https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

@Lauren4085 Welcome to the CC! 

This has been a much-debated topic here on the Community, so I thought I'd link a couple posts that talk about this here and here.

I'd also definitely recommend filling out Airbnb's Feedback form if you haven't already >> https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback

-----

Hi Breanna,

Thank you for your response.  There was definitely a LOT of talk on those pages.  Thank you for sending.  It made me feel not so alone!

But it doesn't look like Air BnB has added, Non Toxic Cleaning Supplies, or Green cleaning, or anything like that.  Can you kick this request up the ladder, showing how much support there is for this change, and make it happen?

Thank you!
Lauren

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

We pass along all the feedback like this we receive on the Community, of course @Lauren4085

-----