Generali insurance claim submission glitch

Jeremy964
Level 1
Santa Barbara, CA

Generali insurance claim submission glitch

I am unable to submit a claim for trip cancellation, and AirBnB technical support and Generali are only able to point fingers at each other. 

In managing my trip, I can clearly see that it is cancelled. Note: I got a partial refund through AirBnB's normal cancellation policy; however, this is not a complete refund, and I am seeking to make the refund complete by pursuing a claim through the additional insurance I purchased.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 2.57.06 PM.png

When I try to submit a claim here:

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 2.57.45 PM.png

I end up having to login to an airbnb url that looks like it connects to Genrali's backend. Ultimately, I end up here: https://airbnb-us.eclaims.csaclaims.com/select-coverages.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 3.02.17 PM.png

I have attempted to escalate this now five times through the standard channels (ie AirBnB customer support and the general customer support line at Genarali). In all cases, the representative to whom I am speaking will conclude that it is the other company's problem. This is an infinite loop I am unable to escape. 

If you have any suggestions (other than getting a lawyer to start writing letters), please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

@Jeremy964 I am facing the same issue and I am not even able to speak to the generali representative, everything is automated. Did your issue resolve? 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Bailey95@Manish105 I hope you guys are well 😊. I just wanted to follow up to ask if you managed to get a resolution? 

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jeremy964,

Since you posted in our Community a few days ago, I'd like to ask whether you've resolved this on your end. After consulting with the Airbnb technical team, they suggested that you create an account with Generali before initiating the claim process. By doing this, when you reach the final step, you'll already be signed in on the Generali page, and the process should proceed smoothly.

Please keep us updated

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bailey95
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I am facing the exact same issue

Emily2154
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Having the same problem.  Did you ever get your $ resolved?