Giving personal details to a host

Scott2157
Level 1
Reading, United Kingdom

Giving personal details to a host

I have booked an airbnb.  No problem? 

Now the HOST has required me to complete a list of all guests and said he needs MY personal ID (eg Driving licence)

He says it is part of his house rules

IS THIS ALLOWED

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Scott2157 ,

I don't know in UK but as far as Italy is concerned not only it is allowed but it is required by law 😉 we need to register all guests to local police when they arrive, if not we may be subject to sanctions

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Us too here in Portland.  I am supposed to have name / address of guests by law.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Scott2157 Yes, it's allowed. The host is protecting his  property, and it's his right to ask. 

You must realize that for every honest, trouble-free guest, there are those with unfinished profiles, fake names, no photo in their profile, and other issues. AirBnB does very little to vet guests, as well as very little to support hosts when trouble arises from a guest. 

It's also a security issue, and may be a matter of simply ensuring that the person who booked is also showing up for the reservation. Third party bookings are not allowed on AirBnB. 

If I were to ask the same, and the guest refused to comply, I would not allow the stay. You shouldn't take it personally.