Guest cancelation by Airbnb

Joe1
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Guest cancelation by Airbnb

Airbnb cancelled a reservation 3 months after guests stayed in our home. The guests stayed April 2024, Airbnb cancelled the reservation Today July 3rd. The guest no longer exists on Airbnb, their phone number does not exist, and Airbnb says on the message thread the guest is no longer on Airbnb. They deducted my payment that I received in April today July 3rd. They are just apoologizing to me saying sorry.  Anyone ever experience this? What is going on? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joe1 The only thing I can think of is that it was a booking made on a stolen credit card and it has taken 3 months for the bank to claim the money back from Airbnb. The Ts&Cs basically put all payment risks onto the host but it might be worth a small claims court action which you will probably win as Airbnb are unlikely to contest.

Thank you for your reply. So sad if so... I have settings in place when I take credit card information the name must match the booking credit card, and we check IDs on arrival. What is worse for it Airbnb just apologizes and does not tell me what happened. How could a billon dollar company not have financial support built in for Hosts with fraud. Just literally suck away my money 3 months without explanation.