Guest canceled 18 hours before check in & requests full refund on holiday weekend!

Answered!
Don60
Level 1
Groton, NY

Guest canceled 18 hours before check in & requests full refund on holiday weekend!

A guest canceled his reservation less then 18 hours before check-in. My cancellation policy is "Firm", so I denied his requests for a refund. That was a super busy holiday and graduation weekend, and I could have booked to someone else if he canceled a week prior to check-in. I've officially denied the refund request thru AIRBNB FOUR times!

My question is: How many times can a guest request a refund and be denied, before the option to do is is gone?   Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is one for Airbnb Customer services @Don60 

Do give them a call and let us know what they say.

they shouldn't be able to keep doing this if you've already confirmed you're not giving them a voluntary refund. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Interesting question, uncommon probably because most will get the hint after the 2nd denial, but not this character.

Hi Fred13,

Apparently, a guest who cancels can submit unlimited refund requests for the same booking within 30 day of the check-in date.

I told the Customer Service that is ridiculous and has to change.

The ability to submit an official refund request should be limited to 2 times.

I assume Customer Service reached out to the canceled guest. I received a "Ticket is Closed" notice from them, and have not heard back with any more refund requests from the guest. Case Closed but it was very annoying. 

I bet, and a waste of everyone's time.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is one for Airbnb Customer services @Don60 

Do give them a call and let us know what they say.

they shouldn't be able to keep doing this if you've already confirmed you're not giving them a voluntary refund. 

Hi Helen3.

I took your suggestion and called Customer Service. They were very helpful.

Apparently, a guest who cancels can submit unlimited refund requests for the same booking within 30 day of the check-in date.

I told the Customer Service that is ridiculous and has to change.

The ability to submit an official refund request should be limited to 2 times.

I assume Customer Service reached out to the canceled guest. I received a "Ticket is Closed" notice from them, and have not heard back with any more refund requests from the guest. Case Closed but it was very annoying. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ticket closed just seems customer services have closed your inquiry .

they do this unilaterally 😒

hopefully your guest has got the message