Guest claims that car window was broken by landscaper

Answered!
Britta739
Level 1
Great Barrington, MA

Guest claims that car window was broken by landscaper

Hi, wondering what people would do in my situation:

The guest reported that a car window (passenger side) was broken due to a flying rock from weed whacking by the landscaper. They have photos to prove this. Am I responsible for this? How would you resolve this?

1 Best Answer
Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Britta739 Given that the broken window was caused by a service you provide for the home, I would consider covering the cost. I had a housekeep accidently get bleach on a guest's items once. We covered the cost to replace her item as this accident was the cause of workers in which we are essentially responsible for. 

That being said, most insurance will cover broken windows so I would check into what coverage you have as it may be beneficial. 

BTW, your place is absolutely gorgeous. Happy hosting 😃

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Abdulkarim1
Level 1
Al Madinah Province, Saudi Arabia

اذا كان المنسق ضمن فريقك فيجب أن تتحمل نتيجة تصرفاته أما إذا كان غير ذلك لا تتحمل شي

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Britta739  You are new, have a wonderful place, getting great reviews and have a winning attitude. Things happen, we live in a physical world, perhaps get your insurance company to pay it and keep the peace. No time for conflicts, never is really.

Hi Fred, totally agree, but also still good to hear this from someone other than my head. Thank you for the reminder.

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Britta739 Given that the broken window was caused by a service you provide for the home, I would consider covering the cost. I had a housekeep accidently get bleach on a guest's items once. We covered the cost to replace her item as this accident was the cause of workers in which we are essentially responsible for. 

That being said, most insurance will cover broken windows so I would check into what coverage you have as it may be beneficial. 

BTW, your place is absolutely gorgeous. Happy hosting 😃

Thank you, Jennifer. I am going to go this route. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Britta739 I would say they should contact your landscaper and claim from them or their insurer