Guest late paying

Scott1456
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Guest late paying

I have had guest at my house for 6 months- they were late with payments and have been promising it was caught up in the banking issues.  I have been patient (family with kids) but now it is time to cancel.   Anyone have this experience?

What is option for past due $-  Airbnb help in anyway or i just have to "write off"?

thanks

scott 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your guests are not paying then you need to contact Airbnb so they can cancel penalty free @Scott1456 

They paid on time for six months and the last five weeks are past due. They keep promising that they’ll have the money but it hasn’t come through. Airbnb is willing to cancel but I’ve been hoping to get payment but at this point I need to do some thing.    I guess I’ll just need to write off the five weeks of nonpayment and cancel.   I just didn’t know if Airbnb has some kind of reimbursement policy in the situation or someway for me to collect the money from the tenants.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Scott1456,

Just wanted to add to @Helen3's answer. Here's the link where you can easily reach out to the Airbnb Support Team

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Scott1456 Have you created a tenancy under the laws of your state? If so getting the people out will be far harder than getting paid I am afraid.

I don't see Airbnb helping with payment as you have let it go on for so long.