Guest left a retalitory reveiw and despite escallation won't remove the review. Help!

Alexandra2134
Level 2
Bothell, WA

Guest left a retalitory reveiw and despite escallation won't remove the review. Help!

Guests stayed 2 nights of a 5 night booking. Complained that the AC was not working properly, despite guests that checked out the same day as they checked in having no complaints about the AC. I checked my remote thermostat and it showed a history of 74 degrees during the current guests stay, exactly what the guest had set it at. Despite this I called Abbott Air, who installed the new airconditioner for a service call. Abbott air came out the next day and confirmed the air conditioner was working properly. Wanting to appease the guest, I offered a 100% refund on the nights remaining on their reservation. The guest cancelled the reservation, and I refunded them the remaining nights and an additional 33% refund for the nights they did stay. Two days later the guest gave me a 3 star review stating that the house was too warm, despite being at the temperature the guest had set it at, that the airconditioner was not working properly, which Abbott air confimed it is working properly, and that the air conditioner could not be new (I have the paid invoice showing the new aircondition was installed and fully paid for last year). Finally he stated in his review that he was unsatisfied with the refund he was given. I provided the documenation of the historical temp of the home during the guests stay, the recipet for the service call from Abott Air showing the AC is working properly, and the paid invoice for the new air conditioner last year. Yet, despite this documentation, Airbnb denies a policy violation and will not remove the review.

0 Replies 0