Guest left in the middle of the night and wants refund

Guest left in the middle of the night and wants refund

Had guests mother and teenage daughter arrive 3 hours early, which was OK as accommodation ready, arrived at midday and left at midnight without any notification or messages until the next day. My husband greeted them and I saw them few hours later after work to welcome them and ask was everything satisfactory etc...

Weather was terrible that afternoon and all evening.

Next morning I received a message saying they had left at midnight as they were unhappy with insects outside the lodge (we are in the country and keep goats and Alpacas for guests to enjoy in paddocks next to accommodation).  They also said there was a hair in the bedding and some dust around the UNDERNEATH Wooden slats that hold up the high rise double mattress (accommodation is a shepards hut lodge with high rise bed).

They are requesting a full refund.. any advice on what to do. I have already messaged back stating that bedding was clean and have photos of how they left it. Left very untidy with chocolate marks and grass on the white bedding.   

Please can you help advise me 🙏

1 Reply 1
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I would full refund for any issues. Seems like they encountered multiple issues so yea. 

Keep in mind though, I'm on a flexible cancellation policy, so if they cancel they can basically get a big refund without me doing anything.