Guest of Guest insured by Airbnb?

Alexandra85
Level 2
Portland, OR

Guest of Guest insured by Airbnb?

I have a difficult Student long term guest who has violated every rule - my guest house is single occupancy only. Has removed items from guest house for me to store and brought his own items in. Tried to turn it into a dorm room. It is a mess. I told guest that their guest would be ok for a few hours like 2/3 hrs. three or four days per week. No over nights or longer visits. The guest's guest is over here  5 to 6 days per week for 1 to 4 hours or more. This makes me worried because my home insurance covers accidents for my guests and tenants but not a guest of an Airbnb guest? I tried to tell the guest the continued over use of guest privileges is unacceptable. Guest threatens me with how guest wrote down everything I said about guest privileges and so forth. Guest also complained that I was violating privacy with cameras - I clearly state no cameras in guest house or that can look inside or to deck. there are security cameras on property - one oversees the entry gate, driveway,street, mailboxes others the back alley of main house / cannot see anything around guest house. Because of the complaint Airbnb suspended my listing! I was able to prove what the gate/entry security camera sees and my listing was restored. I was a bit shocked that the complaint of this guest prompted such an action by Airbnb without contacting me first!  I am a super host. I think that they do not like the idea that I can see who comes and goes. Suspect they are doing drugs inside - vaping is forbidden on my property and no smoking inside.  I noticed that several other super hosts complained about being suspended over security camera, privacy issues without notice - Suspect that with so many privacy complaint issues that the word is out that if a privacy complaint is made, there could be financial benefits for guest - there has to be incentive to garner, as such, so many false complaints. Frustrated!

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alexandra85 I am afraid this guest should have been removed when they started behaving badly. To be honest the insurance or otherwise of their guests is the least of your worries. To find the answer to your question you need to read the Aircover insurance policy for liability in your jurisdiction.