Guest refunded with not even letting me know why

Answered!
George1920
Level 2
Chania, Greece

Guest refunded with not even letting me know why

The guest asked for a refund  and for some reason we the Airbnb support gave it to him... 

- with out letting me know the exact reason 

-with out showing me any proof of guest documentation of what he claimed in order to receive the refund 

- with out asking from me any documentation to proof the opposite (as they did not even tell me the specific reason that he was refunded) 

- with out involving the resolution center 

- Without the guest contacting me first to tell me what was the problem and try to find a solution as the following article says  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/544

- same time I have been constantly asking for answers from Airbnb support 16 days now and I dont receive any answer back from 17 different ambassadors 

-The same time AND MOST IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the guests original reservation was from 1 to 7 of August and while guest departed and refunded on the 3nd... Airbnb keep on having his reservation valid on my calendar till the original date of departure (the 7th of August) so I was not able to get booked again for the remaining dates that guest left and kept my house empty at the most peak of our high season… 
HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE ???? 

The only answer I got from all the above enquires was that Airbnb support do not have the authorization from the guest to show me the proof documentation .. 

does anyone know how to get answers for the above since all of the 17th ambassadors do not answer?? 

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @George1920 

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

While the Community Center isn't a formal branch of Airbnb Support, I've been able to pass details of what's happened over to the relevant team, and asked them to review the situation and get in touch with you.  I also noted the amount of ambassadors you've been passed to, as this seems a bit excessive.

Feel free to come back and let us know once you've heard from the team.  I hope they're able to bring some assistance and clarity regarding the situation.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @George1920 

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

While the Community Center isn't a formal branch of Airbnb Support, I've been able to pass details of what's happened over to the relevant team, and asked them to review the situation and get in touch with you.  I also noted the amount of ambassadors you've been passed to, as this seems a bit excessive.

Feel free to come back and let us know once you've heard from the team.  I hope they're able to bring some assistance and clarity regarding the situation.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Maureen434
Level 2
Port Orange, FL

this exact thing happened to us. Why are hosts not allowed to see what the issue was and examine the documentation provided by the guest? Guest could take a picture of a bug anywhere or their own dirty sink at home and send to AirBnb and demand a refund and they give it to them. 
so unfair. We also have spoken to at least 7 representatives and emailed Brian Chesky as well.

George, did you ever get a resolution?

Hi Maureen 434  

You will need a looooooooooooooot of  patience.. I spoke with 50 !!!!!!!  representatives.. at the end I just upload at all social media the story (espesially twitter)  and tagged airbnb and then  a nice lady from the community over here investigate the situation and gave my payment back.. 

Afterwards they shut down my listing without warning.. 

These representatives unfortunately are more like mafiapresentatives.. 

Its was a very bad experience and lost more than 50-70  hours of my life 

Wish you good luck 

You can see the reply from that nice lady that helped me , above your message.. It is Jenny