Guest requesting phone number for Visa application

Amy907
Level 3
New York, United States

Guest requesting phone number for Visa application

I have a guest coming from Germany who is asking for my phone number for the Visa application… 

I have had guests from Germany before who never requested this. One doesn't need a visa to travel to the US from Germany per se, however, I did a quick search and you can apply for a ESTA visa. I didn't go so far as to fill out the application myself so couldn't verify if it requires a stay number. 

It's not a huge deal, just wondering what, if anything, anyone knows about this. And if I should just give my phone number? Thanks

4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Amy907  Very normal. The ESTA visa is in fact obligatory and requires the name of the place you are staying with address, name of host if you are staying a home and the phone number. I suspect that your previous European visitors were more resourceful and found this information on their reservation.

Amy907
Level 3
New York, United States

Thanks Susan!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Amy907 The guest already has your phone number. It is on their confirmation. I would point them to this information.

Thank you for this @Amy907. Just came up and was so glad to find an answer so quickly! So many scams these days...