Guest wants to bring 4 birds

Answered!

Guest wants to bring 4 birds

I have a guest wanting to bring two Macaws and two Cockatoos. I have some nice antiques at my home. What is your experience/recommendation ?

Top Answer
Gina2084
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Personally that would be an “absolutely not”. Otherwise if you are considering, I would charge $25 per extra guests and I consider those pets extra guests because of their liability. An additional $50 a night. 

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Gina2084
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Personally that would be an “absolutely not”. Otherwise if you are considering, I would charge $25 per extra guests and I consider those pets extra guests because of their liability. An additional $50 a night. 

Thank you!  CB

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Charlotte1106 

Another thing to consider - other than furnishings - with having birds in a house is allergies. I am one of many people sensitive to feathers and dander. Birds also tend to host more of those very tiny mites than some other domesticated animals. Are these birds in cages? After hosting one or multiple birds you may need to do some much deeper cleaning than usual. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Charlotte1106 That would be a no from me. If you could guarantee that they'd be caged, that would be different, but even if the guest agreed to that, you have no way to monitor that they stick to the agreement. I keep thinking of bird poop all over the house, because birds fly around and poop. That's what they do. 

Thank u!!