Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Guest wants to extend booking for 2 months

Ravi706
Level 1
Reading, United Kingdom

Guest wants to extend booking for 2 months

Hello Everyone , i’m a new Host and currently my existing guest really liked my place and wants to extend the booking for next 2 months , however i have few confirmed upcoming bookings , is there any chance that airbnb can extend the current and cancel other booking , as having this  booking will be very profitable 

any advice on what to do how to do would be very helpful 

thank you 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ravi706 No there is no chance of Airbnb doing this. If you ask for a cancellation they will fine you and then block the dates in your calendar. This is actually a really important Airbnb policy because if hosts were able to cancel guests at will then the whole platform would lose credibility and no one one book through it.

I am afraid you just need to take the rough with the smooth here.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can cancel the bookings but as @Mike-And-Jane0 you will be fined and have the dates blocked.

It would be highly unfair to the guests who booked with you in good faith.

if your current guest wants to extend then they can book for the days you do have available and then they can arrange to stay elsewhere for the dates where you have existing bookings @Ravi706 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Ravi706 👋

You've got some answers here from some of our Hosts. Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines