Guests Incredibly High IQ Test Score Entitles Them to a Free Stay

Guests Incredibly High IQ Test Score Entitles Them to a Free Stay

I haven't posted in a while here, but this one really takes the cake. It's Christmas, and I have a guest who has been complaining about my neighbors single rooster. He had the stones to cite his universe IQ score as grounds to a 60% discount...I just received this text message off app. My only concern really is getting a bad review. According to the "Real IQ Test", he's a genius....🤣🤣

"Aloha Christopher, I just wantedto say that I am unfortunately underwhelmed with your accommodation. As someone with an incredibly high IQ (according to realiq.online, over 130), My mind needs a peaceful place to contribute my thoughts and energy to society. I therefore believe we should renegotiate the price, perhaps to the tune of 60% off for the numerous inconveniences. Please get back to be at your earliest convenience so that I do not have to take drastic steps."

**[Image removed per Community Center Guidelines]

8 Replies 8
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Christopher1401, Sorry to hear about your guest with the high IQ. They may potentially have a low EQ along with that high IQ. Do you mention in your listing that a rooster lives next door (and maybe he didn’t read it) or are you in a rural area or on a farm so roosters are to be expected? 

I know if a guest complains they can get 30% off one night of accommodations for an inconvenience. If it was about cleanliness, the cleaning fee can be refunded to the guest as well (we experienced this as a guest ourself). This is covered through aircover but to my knowledge they don’t give any other discounts. 

I would apologize, point out that your listing says x about the accommodations and that unfortunately your neighbor’s rooster is beyond your control. Do you offer earplugs?

I may also proactively contact Airbnb guest services to ask about this guest to see what your rights are as it is better if you proactively look into it before he calls and tells his side of the story of which may not be entirely true because he didn’t get the discount he demanded.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

What an awful guest @Christopher1401.  Ludicrous.  I wonder what he contributes to society with his big brain and its thoughts.

He ends his message with a threat, so if he writes a bad reviews after you refuse him the hefty discount, you might be able to have it taken down.

IMG_8903.jpeg

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Christopher1401  Take it as a joke and reply in the same vein , such as ' I am sorry to here about the impediment caused by your IQ, I reduce mine by banging my head against the wall when guests book without actually reading about the accommodation or being able to see the pics.If you have a genuine problem please feel free to ask me about it but discounts  are not available as we are an Airbnb , not a IQ measuring station  for IQ levels .  ' All the best  ... Do not let these gangsters hold you up ... H

👍😃😄😅

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

I would make sure you write all of your correspondence on the Airbnb App. Also, reiterate what he said on the text to you, that he wanted a 60% discount off, because he has  to hear your neighbors rooster, which is out of your control.

Good Luck.

Caleb1
Level 4
Denver, CO

Ask them to take multiple online IQ tests and send the results directly to you to verify their claim.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I would throw in a courtesy 30% discount for the rooster issue personally. 

@Zheng49 would you really Zheng?.....H