Guests brought dog (no pets home), smoked inside and call me disrespectful when I asked why they didn’t mentioned dog

Victoria96
Level 2
Portland, OR

Guests brought dog (no pets home), smoked inside and call me disrespectful when I asked why they didn’t mentioned dog

I got a last minute reservation request to check in right away at 10 am, I looked at the guest profile and he had 40 all 5 stars positive reviews, so I wasn’t hesitant to accept.
I met guests thirty minutes later opened up the house and left.

Few hours later door camera ping a gal coming in with full size dog, so I thought maybe someone from the town to stop by for a minute, couldn’t think anything bad since this guest has 40 positive reviews. Then gal and dog never left, another gal came, then late at night, or call it 2 on the morning they ordered food delivery, then another one at 4 am. 
Delivery person would ring up the doorbell, so it’s how I knew. 
This situation starts to give me a bad feelings, from experience I know cannabis party smokers are those who gets hungry at 2-4 AM.
Next day it was quiet all day until late evening and everything repeats again.

So, I wasn’t surprised when they asked for late check out which I had to decline politely, we have another guests coming in same day.

I still had big hopes that house won’t be completely wreak due to many positive reviews for this guest.

So, when I pulled over at 11 am, they was just stepping out from the house, guest, then gal with the dog.

I came out of the car, should I mentioned that I did not block anyone way out and ask guest if he wants to tell me anything about the dog since we’re ‘no pet policy’.

He looked at me and said: ‘it’s none of your business’

I said: ‘yes it is, I’m the owner of the house and dog wasn’t on the reservation or never mentioned to me’

He answer that he don’t have to let me know or put dog in the reservation. 
I said again, that we are no pet property and I should be informed of the dog.

Then he said its a service animal and he don’t have to let me know and if I don’t like it I should not run Airbnb and go to prison.

My answer to him was that for service animals we provide dog dishes, blankets and towels, specifically for the dogs.

Then he lied to my face, said that they didn’t need any of those because dog was on the property for two hours only, gal just came from the airport. 
At this point I was done talking and walked inside the house and they left.

Dirty ‘dog’s’ pot and dishes was in the sink (obviously slimy).

All areas downstairs smells strong of marijuana smoking.

Muddy dogs paws prints everywhere, we live in Oregon, it’s raining season.

Upstairs in the master bedroom they smoked cigars, left burnt cigar but right on the dresser, ashes  on the floor next to the bed and nightstand.

Dog had bloody diarrhea on the bed (or it was a period, I’m not sure).

Bed frame had scratches where dog jumped on the bed.

I guess gal was trying to sleep in the spare bedroom but beds there size queen, so she smoked in one, used nightstand drawer as an astray and had dog leaked brown-bloody stuff there too. 
They used whites whites towels for the dog, despite linen closet has more than 10 older towels.

So, I made few pictures of the stains, did not mention smoking, and wrote that this is a reason I’ve asked for heads up, because we can provide dog towels and blankets.

His answer was kind of bizarre to me: “Ok it’s just called washing it. I know it might be extra work but the way you showed up and did that I have never had anyone in my life of doing air bnb do that or be disrespectful like you even if it was over a dog”.

I apologize for his feelings and state that my intentions was to protect another guests who don’t deserve to use a towels from the dog.

Nether to say, he already left a review, I’m sure it’s a negative one.

it’s took 2 people and 6 hours to clean the house, normally it’s one person 3 hours top.

King size blanket and pillows are still needed to be dry cleaned or washed because of the smell, cigars are much stronger than cigarettes. 
I don’t really know what should I do?

Im most certain that Airbnb won’t be any help, since he has traveled so much with all those positive reviews, but at another hand I feel that he would never talked to me like that or trashed my house if I’m were not an immigrant. 

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Victoria96 ,

How are you?

Since it has been a while, how did the situation turn out to be in the end? Were you able to leave an honest review for this guest?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines