Guests left after one night on a 12 night booking. Requested full refund

Guests left after one night on a 12 night booking. Requested full refund

Please could I get some advice on a booking that checked in and checked out the next day on an 11 night booking. They are requesting a full refund as said we falsely advertised as Luxury cabin. Complained about the size mentioning that the word small wasn’t mentioned in description. Not happy with the bathroom and its cleanliness. 

6 Replies 6
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Well for me I would give full refund for this, but keep in mind I'm on a flexible cancellation policy and the guest would get a majority refund without me doing anything.

It may be a good idea to change luxury to cozy. I saw some guests describing it as cozy, which seems a more apt description judging from the pictures in the listing.

My cancellation policy is moderate so they will receive some money back. Would you still refund the full amount even if they stayed one night?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you offer a full refund when the guest has already stayed for a night @Zheng49 

For me I hate false advertisement as well, so the 1 night free is a token of good will.  @Helen3 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Rachel2502 

If a Guest actually vacates my rental, I look at that as less possible a scammer.  They caused inconvenient to themselves finding another rental and left not knowing if they would receive any money back.  Different then somebody trying to negotiate free nights or a discount.  Not a good choice for them, it happens.  None of us are perfect.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are confident the bathroom was clean and your description is accurate I would say this and I would suggest they cancel and any cancellation will be processed under the cancellation policy they booked under.

if you choose to voluntarily refund them more I wouldn't do so until they have cancelled  and vacated the property and you have checked the condition the property is left in @Rachel2502