HElP.Airbnb system allowed to book less than minimum nights AND overlap with another reservation.

Mabilia2
Level 2
La Paz, Mexico

HElP.Airbnb system allowed to book less than minimum nights AND overlap with another reservation.

So  long story short. Even if my configuration stated that a minimum 4 night stay is required. Suddenly, I got first one reservation for a one night stay, which the guest cancelled herself  noticing  it overlap with another reservation, and  that I required a 4 night minimum stay BUT the system allowed it. After this I checked again, and everything in configuration was set up as I wanted it to be: price, a minimum 4 night stay requirement, etc. THEN again I got another reservation for a two night stay,  that shouldn't had happened since I have a configuration that it requires at least two day previous  the day of arrival. It was due for the next day. It was again also overlapping with a reservation that is already in the calendar starting on January 7.  I explained this to arbnb custumer service.  That there was some error in the system. That this shouldn't be happening. All I got as a reply is that the will refund everything to the guest and that I WILL GET PENALIZED FOR CANCELLING THAT RESERVATION. WHICH I FIND VERY UNFAIR. I  feel that airbnb is forcing me to accept this type of errors reservations, that should have not happened, instead of taking responsability for some BUG in their app,and FIX it. 

So now airbnb is super strict about cancellations, and I am going to be penalized or banned, but it is unfair, and  there is an issue with the app.  What are my options? It doesn't that custumer service cares or protects hosts at all, only guests. 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mabilia2 Was the other reservation on Airbnb? If so I just don't see how it is possible

Kerri-Anne3
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

This has just happened to me. A group of guests have booked 2 nights even though I have a minimum 6 night reservation. How can this be possible. I’ve contacted the help desk. Mabilia2 happened to you in the end? 

Wondered if it’s something to do with the group booking functionality! 

Hello @Kerri-Anne3 

Don't know if this applies to you but others have found that the problem lay with their Channel Manager settings rather than the Airbnb ones,  that were incidentally correctly showing their minimum stay requirement when they checked on their Airbnb calendar settings.

Can't go onto your calendar for the listing showing under this profil as all of the dates are blocked so can't check as a guest what is showing up as your minimum.

Airbnb got back to me and said that while my minimum requirement is set for 6 nights I had a custom requirement set. I’ve never set one and the calendar wasn’t showing a gap yesterday. Looks like Airbnb has auto populated it over night, but not owning up to this. Very coincident that the custom setting starts on the first night the 2 night booking ☝️

I’ve since cancelled the custom setting which was till July 2025 😮. Have asked for assurance that it won’t happen again and that I won’t be financially penalised for cancelling the booking which currently won’t cover my costs.