Half Pricing?

David12529
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Half Pricing?

I’m new to hosting and just had a request from a potential guest for me to turn on half pricing so that they can book a date immediately. I don’t see a place to designate that and not sure how it works. Thanks! 

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @David12529 

The setting that allows instant bookings is called Instant Book, which one can turn on. However, this guest is already messaging you about a booking, instant book would just have made the transaction instant. I don't think this is what they want, they want to discuss something to do with pricing or payment before booking. If it's half price they want, you probably aren't keen.

They probably mean that they want to pay half now and half later? Is that how you also understand it?

Payment terms may be available for long bookings, but I would simply refer all payment issues to Airbnb. My advice: if you want this booking, tell the guest you'll approve it and put them in touch with customer service to discuss payment.

It's possible that they are not a serious booker and taking a chance because you're new - either way, a discussion between them and customer service will result in a booking or not, depending on whether they pay on Airbnb's terms.

Autumn11
Level 3
Salem, OR

DAVID .... PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT IM GOING TO TELL YOU... Nothing nothing nothing good EVER COMES from you going against your set rules, prices and booking settings.  Do not do it.  It's not worth it.  I've been doing this since 2015, I promise you, if you give them an inch, they will take a foot.  Set your pricing. Set your rules.  Set your requirements and booking settings.  Do not alter them for anyone except your family.  And I wouldn't even recommend that honestly.  There is a lot of manipulative guests , and they know allllllll the trucks and managers.  Also, I don't know about Texas, I'm in Seattle, but do some research on landlord tenant laws, make sure you only allow bookings less than the # of days legally in Texas someone can be called a tenant, because you don't want someone in there who then refuses to leave and now you have a squatter situation and it will cost tens of thousands and years to get them out!!! Watch your own back, because your the only person who will!!!