Has anyone else noticed their bookings have slowed down?

Answered!
Naz457
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Has anyone else noticed their bookings have slowed down?

Hi Everyone,

I have started hosting since last year June and from day 1 I had booking up until April. Then , suddenly everything slowed down next to no bookings. 

I am not sure if I have done something wrong with my setting or it was my badge of super host that scared everyone away 😉

Has anyone else experienced this? I am not really a big fan of AIRBNB website the most non-user friendly website to my liking. 

Enough of me nagging now and taking things for granted!  I have to say I am very lucky that I have a roof on my head and have a chance to share that roof with others while earning some money 🍀 So, all thanks to AIRBNB platform despite being so difficult to navigate 😎still whingeing on and on ...🙄

Would be lovely to hear about other host experiences with their booking in Adelaide or anywhere else 😊

Stay safe everyone and be Happy 😊

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Naz457 

Welcome to the Community Center!

Have you had any bookings come through since you posted this?  

I also wanted to suggest looking for a Local Host Club in Adelaide, if you'd also like to chat to others in your area, you can start your search here.

I've clarified your post title a little, just to see if it attracts some replies from our International Hosts.

Take care!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Naz457 

Welcome to the Community Center!

Have you had any bookings come through since you posted this?  

I also wanted to suggest looking for a Local Host Club in Adelaide, if you'd also like to chat to others in your area, you can start your search here.

I've clarified your post title a little, just to see if it attracts some replies from our International Hosts.

Take care!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Naz457
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Jenny ,

Thanks for your reply . 
No no booking what so ever . It is a bit bizarre if I am honest.
Not sure what to do next . Maybe I have to put the properties for rental instead ! I don’t want to advertise it in other platforms either . 

thanks for changing the title to attract more reply as well .

regards,

Naz

Hi @Naz457 I came across your post, even though it's from a couple of months ago, and was curious to know if your bookings situation changed at all?

I'm working on a personal research project focused on how guests like you could be getting more bookings, and would appreciate a lot if you could share some of your experience so far.

Thanks!

Daniel

Hi There,

The booking situation has not changed at all . It's getting worse I think. I am not sure if the current economy situation is playing a bigger role than expected or its the airbnb website . 

IF I am honest with you the website is the most frustrating website to workwith . If there was another alternative to AIRBN I would definitely switch purely bc of how un user friendly it is. I am pretty sure its not user error anymore as I have been trying to navigate in the site and teach myself the best way of not getting frustrated 🙂 

So, unfortunately the situation hasn't been resolved.

Regards,

Naz

HI @Daniel10299 ,

Do you have any answer for me on why the booking is so flat. Last year this time I was booked all the way to January. 

I really like to know why everything is gone so flat and if there is anything I Can do to help. I have done all of the default way to advertise and adjust the price and .....

Thanks

Naz

I don't think people are spending money on travel. The cost of living is higher than wages and people are struggling. 
I thank God that I am able to get by.