Help needed with a Ukrainian family

Silvia2217
Level 1
Redhill, United Kingdom

Help needed with a Ukrainian family

Dear all, 

My name is SIlvia and I've been a host with Airbnb for a few years.

Over the past 6 months I have been hosting a Ukrainian family, mother and 4 yrs old child, and it's been a challengin yet very rewardung experience.

Now we're coming to the end of the 6mths sponsorship (ending on 22nd October -I'm selling my house) and the family is left with no sponsor nor private rental (far too expensive)  and are facing emergency accommodation (hostel or hotel) wiht the council. 

I would like to ask if there is anyone here who would like to help this family for a maximum period of 6 months with either a spare room or a flat (they can pay a sum - they have a budget of up to GBP1350 pcm)  anywhere around Surrey, possibly close to Redhill area. 

The mother is cyrrenly on ebenefits and is looking after her child fuill time (child is metally disabled - autistic).

If anyone can help, please get in touch and can discuss things in further detail.

Thanks

Silvia

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Silvia2217 

It is a real failing of the UK sponsorship scheme that people come here on an initial six month visa with accommodation and then struggle to find work/accommodation after the six month period.

Redhill/Surrey is a very expensive area. If they can afford £1350 a month there are lots of other areas in the UK where they can find a two bedroom place. 

I would suggest they could look at cheaper areas within their budget if they don't want to go into temporary council sponsored accommodation in your area.

Have a look at Open Rent it's a website where landlords let directly to tenants.